- Interface Type: Hard-Wire
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 0.945" x 0.657" x 0.33" or 24mm x 16.7mm x 8.38mm
- Scale: HO Scale
- Continuous/Peak: 1.0/2.0 Amp
- Total Functions: 4
- Function Rating: 200 mA
- 12V Outputs: 4
This hardwire decoder is the smallest decoder with built in Keep-Alive™ that TCS produces.
It will keep your locomotive operating for 6-15 seconds without power (As a result of dirty track, poor contacts, etc.).
While physically larger than a M-series decoder, the KAM4 features the same operational characteristics.
- Keep-Alive®: Included on-board for smooth, stutter-free operation.
- Back EMF Load Compensation: Provides superior slow speed control and high performance under load.
- Quiet Drive: Super-quiet motor control for "buzz" free motor performance.
- DC Mode: Decoder will automatically detect DC power. You can also configure how your lighting effects function on DC.
- Variable Momentum: Allows you to make custom acceleration and deceleration curves.
- Incandescent Bulb Support: This decoder can be used with 12 Volt bulbs.
- Function Remapping: Buttons 0 through 12 may be used to control the lighting functions of this decoder.
- Programmable Lighting Effects: Choose from 20 separate user-programmable lighting effects!
- Dimmable Brightness: Configure multiple different brightness levels for your LED's or incandescent bulbs.
- Decoder Lock: Feature which prevents accidental/unwanted programming while activated.
- Airwire™ Compatible: Fully compatible with Airwire™ operation.
- User-Loadable Speed Tables: Configure custom speed curves and set speed limits.