Tsunami2 Data Sheet: http://www.soundtraxx.com/dsd/tsunami2/dealer_sound_selections/tsu1100_datasheet.pdf
Announcing Tsunami2 Premium Digital Sound Decoders!
SoundTraxx is pleased to announce Tsunami2, a new line of Digital Sound Decoders that combines the best in digital sound with trailblazing and innovative operating features. Tsunami2 sets a new standard for premium sound decoders, with the emphasis on FUN! More
sounds, more features, more ways to run your trains like a real engineer. Your model railroading experience will leap to
a whole new level of realism!
Expansive memory means that each decoder is packed with multiple prototypes and accompanying sound effects. No computer dongles or downloading is required – sounds are changed instantly by way of simple CV programming using your command station.
The new incredibly small TSU-1100 provides waves of pure digital sound that will delight your senses, with effects so amazing you won't believe your ears. Tsunami2 sound features are matched only by its superior motor control and brilliant lighting effects, making it unsurpassed in its technological capabilities. Tsunami2 leads the industry in processing power, with a 32-bit processor that provides the necessary horsepower needed to support 28 functions, 16 polyphonic sound channels, tons of sound and lighting effects, advanced motor control and yet - measures just 27mm x 10.5mm x 5mm!
Tsunami2 Steam decoders can produce over 50 sound effects! The impressive built-in sound library includes 12 bells, over 60 whistles, 10 airpumps, 8 dynamos, 10 exhaust chuffs, snifter valve, injectors, Johnson Bar, power reverse, firebox blower, side rod clank, brake squeal, and more.
The adjustable steam cutoff is guaranteed to make you feel like you are in the cab and in control! Drop into Drift Mode and listen to the rod clank and valve packing effects.
Fireman Fred has a few new things up his sleeve as well, as he works to keep the locomotive in prime operating condition.
Selectable fuel loading makes models sound as they should, from hand-shoveled steam engines, to oil-burners to those equipped with augers, to wood being stacked.
Tsunami2 Diesel decoder's 50+ sound effects and expansive sound library includes engine startup and shutdown, engine prime mover through all eight notches, straight-to-8,
HEP mode, 13 bells, over 40 airhorns, 4 air compressors, dynamic brakes, radiator fans, brake squeal and more.
Our new reactive DDE automatically adjusts the speed, timbre and volume of the exhaust as your engine works harder.
Hyperdrive2TM technology results in smooth and precise locomotive operation, even at super-slow speeds. Our switching mode will add a new level of realism for those whose primary 'fun' is in the running!
Tsunami2 goes several steps beyond ordinary sound generators. Whether steam, diesel or electric, Tsunami2 is so powerful that it comes with four special effects processors - the Equalizer, Sound Mixer, Dynamic Digital Exhaust and Reverb. It's
like having a complete sound studio at your fingertips! Each and every sound can be independently set for the volume that suits your ear.
The TSU-1100 is a universal-style, 1 Amp sound decoder with 4 function outputs. This decoder is ideal for
many HO scale models and N-scale locomotives. The TSU-1100 comes in four diesel versions, one steam version and one electric version.
Model TSU-1100 Specifications
Motor Stall Current: Dimensions: Function Outputs: Function Current: Audio Amplifier: DCC Track Voltage:
27 x 10.5 x 5mm
100mA (each output) 1 Watt, 8 ohm load
7.5V - 22V
Common Decoder Features Include:
Powerful 32-bit processor capable of 16 simultaneous sound channels
Adjustable reverb and equalizer for the most realistic sound optimization ever!
Train line charging effect
More powerful amplifier for increased volume range
Hyperdrive2 motor control
Functioning locomotive and train brakes with adjustable braking rates
20+ Hyperlight lighting effects
4 function outputs
Standard, 3-point and user-loadable speed curves
Flex-Map function mapping easily maps any function to any key
Compatible with NMRA DCC Standards & RPs
- Each diesel version (EMD, GE, etc.) contains up to 9 manufacturer specific prime movers (Turbo, Non-turbo, etc.)
- First ever Diesel Dynamic Digital Exhaust (DDE) for a more authentic operating experience
- Startup, shutdown and exhaust through 8 notches
- Automatic or manual notching
- Functioning dynamic brake with variable load sound and adjustable braking rate
- Over 40 air horns
- Selectable compressors, bells, and couplers
- First ever Fireman Ed is ready to work on the locomotive, with general service,
- cab sounds and more!
- Clickety-clack, fueling, and authentic cab chatter add realism
- Prototypically correct HEP modes and
- steam heat for authentic passenger train operations
• Ten new or remastered exhaust chuffs in a single decoder
• Dynamic Digital Exhaust with drifting feature changes under load
• Rod clank and valve packing sounds
• Adjustable exhaust cutoff
• Over 60 whistles
• Selectable compressors, bells, dynamos, couplers, and more
• Fireman Fred sounds for coal-fired, wood, oil, or auger fueled locomotives • Locomotive servicing sounds
• 2-cylinder and articulated settings plus new 3-cylinder exhaust chuffs
• Cylinder cocks, blowdown and wheelslip effects
• First ever Electric DDE with traction motor whine
• Pantograph operation sounds
• Over 40 airhorns/air whistle selections • Motorman Omura provides cab sounds, operates doors and services the engine • Catenary arcing sound and lighting effect
• Selectable compressors, bells, and couplers
• Clickety-clack and authentic cab chatter add realism
• Trolley bell, stop requests, and door sounds for trolleys and traction models • Steam heat for authentic passenger train operation