NCE Light-It Decoder - 3 pack ($5.33 each) (as low as $5.19 each when you order the 15 pack)
Download Manual here (Link to NCE website)
Features of this decoder:
• Works on DCC or DC (limited operation on DC)
• Works with loco, accessory or signal addressing 14+ • Built-In Warm white LED (can be disabled)
• Up to 3 LEDs may be controlled separately
• Built-in resistors – just connect LEDs
• Functions as an NMRA Signal decoder with 18 aspects
• Each output individually dimmable
The Light-It can be used for general layout scenic lighting in buildings, lamp posts, for constant lighting in passenger cars and cabooses, or as a DCC decoder for one signal head.
The Light-It includes one on board white LED to simplify scenic lighting situations, just add DC (up to 14V) or DCC power at the 'LR' and 'RR' holes and you have an effective structure lighting solution.
The Light-It will not work with Grain-of-Wheat or other small incandescent lamps.
Capabilities and limitations of the Light-It:
When operating on DC power:
- Select between 15 different lighting effects
- Brightness is easily adjustable
- The Light-It will remember the chosen lighting function after power is removed
When operating as a DCC mobile decoder using loco addresses:
- The Light-It can be programmed to any loco address (short or long)
- Consist addressing also works
- All 3 LED outputs can have different (15 to chose from) lighting effects - Uses loco function buttons to activate each output independently
- Each output can be mapped to function F0-F28
- Lighting effects are non-directional (on in both directions of travel).
- The brightness of each output is individually CV programmable
- Loco Ops mode programming is used to set CV values
When operating as a DCC accessory decoder using accessory addresses:
- The Light-It can be programmed to any accessory address (1-2043)
- All 3 LED outputs can have different (15 to chose from) lighting effects
- All 3 outputs are controlled simultaneously with accessory on/off (open/thrown) commands - The brightness of each output is individually CV programmable
- Accessory Ops Mode or Loco Ops mode programming is used to set CV values
When operating as a DCC signal decoder using signal addresses:
- The Light-It can be programmed to any signal address (1-2043)
- 18 different effects specifically for signal heads available
- Different lighting effects can be mapped to each NMRA aspect
- All 3 outputs are controlled simultaneously by signal aspect commands - The brightness of each output is individually CV programmable
- Signal Ops Mode or Loco Ops mode programming is used to set CV values
Electrical and technical limitations of the Light-it
The Light-It is already setup with built-in resistors (330 Ohms) that are chosen to provide ap- proximately 10mA of current to red, green or yellow LEDs and 5mA to blue or white LEDs. The voltage supply for the LEDs is 5 vols DC and the total current available for lighting is about 30mA. This limits each output to one LED per output. It MAY be possible to use two red, yellow or green LEDs in series on an output if they are of the high efficiency type.
Light-Its may be 'daisy chained' using the dual LR and RR connections on each board. Both LR holes are electrically connected and both RR holes are connected together.