PSX-AR (Integrated Stall Motor Decoder)
- Automatic Coordination of Auto Reverse and Circuit Breaker Tasks: It is both a auto reverser and acircuit breaker. Fast, all solid state design with reliable quiet electronic reversing, no blinks, clicks or sparks!
- Adaptive Load Reset: Electronically senses if the overload is a real short or due to in-rush capacitance of sound decoders.
- Automates Reverse Loop Turnouts: Integrated stall motor or snap coil decoder, automatically lines up
switch machines is when the polarity is reversed. Switch machine can also be controlled with standard DCC accessory commands or push buttons.
- Manual or Automatic Reset: Automatic reset of the breaker or a push button switch can manually reset.
- Outputs for LED Indicators: LEDs can be added to monitor; input/output power and status.
- Wide Range of Current Trip Setting: Trip currents are adjustable adjusted by jumpers or CVs: 1.27 to 19.2 A
- System Reset: A single CV command sets all Addresses and CVs to original factory values.
- Output for Audio Alarm: An audible sounder can be added to the card to alert you when there is a short.
- Booster Function for Low Current: Some boosters need help when resetting. Adding a jumper kick starts low Amp systems.
- Auto Stop with CV Reset: A photocell can detect a train in the reverse section and turn off power. A DCC command can then restore the power.
- Board size: is 5 3/4 by 3 3/4 inches, designed to fit standard Radio Shack enclosure.
PSX-AR “Double Reverse Mode” CVs
What is Double Reverse Mode?
DCC Specialties developed and added a great new feature to the PSX-AR series. This feature was requested by several users. There are layouts that may have back-to-back reverse loops so that the current PSX-ARs or in fact any auto-reversers tend to flip-flop each other at the transition from one loop to the next. As would be expected the transition is jerky or sporadic and the locomotive may just stall.