This PSX-4 is FOUR PSX DCC Circuit Breakers on one board. These can be snapped along the score lines to separate.
- The PSX series has the most reliable operating features that protect model railroad equipment and wiring from damage during a short circuit, including fast-acting, solid-state electronics.
- The Power Shields are available in 1, 2, 3, and 4 circuit-breaker models, allowing you to divide the output of a single booster into independent power districts.
- The PSX circuit board is wired between the DCC system’s booster and the track bus
- The PSX includes screw terminals for easy connections from the booster and to the track. There is also an extra pair of terminals for linking the booster power input wires to additional PSX breakers should you need to add extra PSX protected power districts
- The PSX models have a wealth of new programmable features such as occupancy detection and adjustable trip current making them much more than simple circuit breakers.
- With Adaptive Load Reset the PSX breaker can tell the difference between a short circuit and power-hungry sound decoder capacitors, a welcome relief for many sound frustrated model railroaders.
- The PSX also offers a lot of great advanced features such as panel mounted LED indicator lights and switches for resetting the breakers manually just involve connecting wires and components to the PSX.
The PSX is designed to specifically handle low power starter systems by simply jumping pins J6-1 & J6-2 together. This applies specifically to:
- NCE Power Cab
- Digitrax Zephyr
Not for use on AC power systems, use the PSX-AC (special order)